Tuesday 25 January 2011

The girls are always right!

I keep being told by the better half that she is always right!! I do admit maybe 70-90% of the time she is right!!

This has been proved this week, yes, you know I'm referring to a certain lady, on the right wing wearing black, with a yellow and orange flag in her hand!!

Let's be frank, what difference should it make regardless of age, sex, race or colour! If you good enough then you are good enough, regardless of who you are!!!!!

Some of the best referees are in pool, snooker and tennis, so why shouldn't ladies officiate football!!

I was delighted when after 50 camera angles later her decision was found to be perfect! It's good to see woman interested in football, it's good for the game balancing up a sport which has historically been male dominated for centuries.

This just leaves me to concentrate explaining the offside rule to my better half!!
I can recall our second date, using the salt and pepper as the last defender and goalie, vinegar as the striker, and the fork was Paul Scholes playing the through ball.

These days the rules are so complicated for officials you now need the next tables condiments to take into account players interfering and not interfering with play!!!

You see it's not an easy task, even at the dining table, therefore we should be delighted all walks of life are happy endure the torture of officiating our beautiful game!!

Keep the ladies interested in football and long may it continue!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Wem

No comments:

Post a Comment